Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FOs

I've finished off a baby jacket which has been hanging around for a while. I haven't really enjoyed this project, but wanted to try the EZ February Jacket. The yarn seemed too heavy for a lace pattern (Elle pure wool DK) and the colour wrong for such a 'girly' pattern. However it is going for charity and I'm sure the recipient won't care, as long as it is warm!



I've also finished the knitting on my 1940's school pullover but it still needs blocking, pressing and sewing up. The yarn was some ancient lamb's wool on a cone which was free from Texere when they were having a clear out a while ago. It feels quite 'itchy' but hopefully will soften up after a wash.

And finally, for Roo, the bluebells were in Park Coppice, a small wood near Colton Hills school.

2 comments:

Laurah said...

Cute baby sweater! Love the pattern. The color would be really cute with a white summer dress. Great job on the vest, too! Hope it softens up!

RooKnits said...

Ah! Not too far away then.... I love the February Jacket, I think this should definitely be on my list of things to knit for the 5(!) new arrivals due in October - surely one will be a girl?
I really like the blue too - I think too many baby clothes are pastel pink!