Thursday, January 31, 2008

Treasured Post

Look what the postman brought this morning! First, the latest edition of Yarn Forward. I've been pondering whether to renew my subscription, not sure that I can stand the tension of wondering if and when my copy will arrive! The patterns are very knit- and wear-able and the articles interesting and informative. So on balance, I think I will renew.



This book also arrived.

I've had the First and Second Treasuries since the 1970s. I'd borrowed them from the library and mentioned how much I would like my own copies. My father, bless him, got them me for Christmas, not so easy in those days ordering from America. They have been invaluable over the years and, being hardbacks, have worn well. Not sure that this paperback will survive as well.
And finally, I don't think I've posted a picture of Woolly before. She followed me home from the Birmingham Christmas Market where she was a member of quite a large flock on one of the stalls.



1 comment:

Steph said...

Woolly is very cute!
I'm tryng to resist buying more stash right now - both yarn and patterns, but I don't think I'll last long. I'm very temnpted by the YF mag, and a friend is going to Bristol soon and has offered to pop into Get Knitted for me..!