Thursday, January 24, 2008

1940s again

I went along to Bantock house the other day and had a chat to the person who organises the 1940's events. She is very keen to have a selection of clothes for visiting school parties to see and dress up in. I'm going to knit a few things for her starting with these socks...........


I'm also hoping to make a pullover and a selection of hats.

This was my inspiration, myself aged five. Everything handmade. Socks, knitted by Grandma R. jumper by Grandma W. Skirt made by Auntie ( except she left the pins in round the hem. I kept complaining that it scratched but my mother didn't realise until she washed it!) Even the cane chair was made by Grandpa.
Lastly, I spotted these Cyclamen Coum yesterday, just about surviving in my lawn.





1 comment:

RooKnits said...

Oh I love those socks and the stripy jumper! Wonderful. You'll have to let me know when the 1940's day is and I will try to come along.