Saturday, September 22, 2007

Update

This is a belated update on my NEC visit. I had an enjoyable day helping out on the Relax and Knit stand, picture on Fred's Blog.We taught several young people to knit, although a couple had the rudiments already having been taught by Grandma when very young. One lady wanted to knit socks, and luckily I had taken two socks, one on DPs, one on Magic loop so was able to show her both methods. She prefered DPs and went off happily to Web of Wool to get needles and yarn. In all a satisfying day, and one I would like to repeat.
I must admit I was a bit disappointed in the actual show. I thought that as the show was the Knitting and Stitching show the emphasis would be on knitting, but it was not. I was hoping that Colinette would be there, but no luck. I did get some Jitterbug from Web of Wool.



This was almost the only purchase I made, except for some buttons.

I have a long term project in mind, more of this another day.

No comments: