Saturday, July 14, 2007

ASJ and Invasion.

Has it really been ten days since I last posted? Well, at least I haven't been idle. The ASJ is complete! I give you the front..........
and the back ...........

I've also been invaded, by insects. I live quite happily with ants in the garden and don't use any poisons, unlike my neighbours who are out spraying at the first sign of anything with more than four legs. Unfortunately, the conservatory has been built over an ants nest, and they swarmed inside the other day. I must admit they've done a great job disposing of their dead companions (the flying ants die after their nuptial flight) but there are still quite a few running around, so I've had to put some bait down which hopefully will solve the problem.


Rather more serious is this.......


........ a wasp's nest inside my cavity wall. They're going in and out next to the patio door so will have to be removed before they start to get aggressive in the autumn.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Hello!!

Your ASJ is so lovely!! Congratulations - I love the colours. I just finished mine too - it's for my daughter - I used very muted colours so they blend in together - she is not a very "way out" girl when it comes to clothes - so I hope she will like it!

It is amazing how different each ASJ looks isn't it?

I think that is why I like the BSJ for babies so much - no two are ver the same!

Thank you for sharing - your work is wonderful.

Yvette

Cathy said...

I just LOVE your sweater! I am itching to get mine started..but there are a gazillion and one babies over here that are about to make their grand entrance into the world that my daughters have me knitting for. I don't know what's in the water at their offices..but I keep telling them NOT to drink it! Thanks for sharing the sweater..it's beautiful!