Sunday, September 17, 2006

Back on Track

Getting back on track with the diet after a bit of a weight gain last week. Food available in our local hospital is not exactly a healthy choice. ( Where are you Jamie Oliver?) The canteen, where you could get at least one cooked meal a day plus vegetables and salad, has closed. Greggs has opened in the main corridor selling pasties and cakes, and everywhere you look are vending machines with fizzy drinks and sweets. Then up to the shop, more sweets and biscuits. I normally avoid temptation by having nothing sugary in the house, but being surrounded by it I find very difficult.


I've finally got round to sewing up Steven's new jumper ready for the winter. Knitted in Limbo from Web of Wool.
I've also started this as I was getting a little bored with all the stocking stitch I've been doing lately, but it's not so complicated that I have to keep consulting the pattern.


Not much to show yet. The wool is a cone of 4ply I got from Colinette earlier in the year.

Yesterday we joined Rose in Beatties for a knit and chat and it was great to welcome Ruth who recently moved back to the Midlands. We had a mooch through the Rowan Yarns on sale afterwards and came away with some bargains. Unfortunately Blogger won't allow me any more photos so I can't show the 4ply soft in a deep pink which I hope will become a top for myself.

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

Was great to meet you yesterday. Looking forward to more knitting sessions!

scarletprincess said...

The sweater looks fab! I love the look of the faroese shawl. Looks fairly easy to knit, one day I may have a go- I've bookmarked it for future reference though it's not as if I need any more projects ;o) x