Monday, August 28, 2006

Ray of Hope

I've just been completing, and packaging, some little things which have been waiting for a while to be sent off to Chris at Ray of Hope.

Of course, I always have a sock on the needles.............

........this one in Regia stretch.

I've managed to solve a Family History puzzle this week.

This fan was amongst other family memorabilia, but I was unable to determine where it originated.

The box says Upper Georges Street, Kingstown. I've now found out that Dun Laoghaire was called Kingstown until 1920 and the fan is decorated with Shamrocks. An ancestor was born in Ireland in the late 18c. so this fan was probably bought for his wife or daughter.

I think this is why family history is so fascinating, helping to put the human touch on what could be just names and dates.

1 comment:

scarletprincess said...

Ray of Hope are very lucky to have you knitting for them! I really love the colours in the regia stretch- do you remember where you got that from?