Saturday, July 22, 2006

Prize

A lot has happened in the last week. Computing has improved greatly due to the arrival of this......

I've almost finished transfering everything from the old to the new computer and now have working Internet and Email. I used dialup briefly while I got broadband set up and had forgotten how slow it is. Some sites took for ever to upload, especially those with very 'busy' templates, think about it bloggers. Anyway, I'm now back up to speed.

Some knitting news. My cousin entered my Jaywalkers, on my behalf, in a competition down in Surrey, and they won first prize! The pattern and yarn were admired, no credit to me! I also entered some bootees in another class, and they came fourth. I've no idea what competition there was though.


Steven had his last day at school on Friday, the end of an era. I worked out that I've been going to the same site for sixteen years since he started in the nursery at the age of three. Quite a wrench, I shall miss everyone, as I am sure Steven will. I know at least one one member of staff reads this blog, so I'll try to keep you updated Chris! Steven starts at his day centre on Monday, so no long school holidays for him any more.

5 comments:

scarletprincess said...

Well done on winning that competition! I'm sure Steven will fit in nicely, but it is sad to be leaving the people you've known for so long. The PC looks snazzy!

sheep#100 said...

Great job - congratulations on the Jays - and the new 'puter.

Heide said...

Lovely Jays!

scarletprincess said...

If you were wondering about your fab book you brought along with you today, I promise I didn't try and booknap it... Rose has it in safekeeping until you can be reunited with it!
Hope to see you again soon
x

blog-blethers said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jaywalkers. What yarn did you use (am really keen to do a pair!). Hope Steven has settled well into his day centre and gaining from the new experience