Thursday, August 11, 2005

New Camera


Sorry Steph, I didn't take your advice; there was no way I could make my old camera take the close-ups I wanted and editing would not increase the number of pixels so I have invested in a new camera. This means I can take pictures like this of my Japanese Anemones. The camera still needs a bit of practice and I haven't worked out all the bells and whistles yet.

Time for knitting has been somewhat limited, although it was good to join the Beatties' group on Tuesday and see so many there.

I've been sorting through my stash and this is a
small sample. The Adriafil baba is hopefully going to be a felted bag ( I have three balls) and the sock wool, socks. I love using natural fibres but am not so proud that I won't use synthetics especially for childrens clothes and if I particularly like the colours. The ball on the left bottom row is a case in point. I saw this in Beatties sale and loved the colours. No ball bands but the bag said 'mixed fibres'. No doubt if I had access to more choice, the amount of natural fibres would increase.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Congrats on your new camera - looks like if was worth it! The flowers are beautiful. :-) Love that Adiafil yarn too - it should make a great bag.