Friday, August 19, 2005

Butterflies and Booga Bag

First, the butterflies in the garden. Not as plentiful this year as they usually are, the Buddleia seems to be attracting only Cabbage whites. I did manage to snap this Gatekeeper on the Marjoram.

On the knitting front, I've finished knitting the Booga Bag. Now for the frightening bit, felting.

This is before felting ---



and this is after, stretching on a box. Wiil probably take a few days to dry. I used up every last scrap of yarn so will have to have a think about handles. Maybe matching cord?

Also completed is yet another Baby Surprise Jacket. I used Sirdar Sunseeker Cloud 9 which was a charity shop find. I'm not quite sure that it works for a baby jacket, but it is very soft and I love the colour.

1 comment:

Steph said...

The bag's looking good! Can't wait to see it "in action". I like the baby jacket too - the yarn looks lovely to me.